Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Occupational Hazards

One of the drawbacks of working as an editor is that I am constantly nitpicking for faults. Matar Paneer spelt as Mutter Paneer on the menu triggers off hysteria and I cannot send an SMS without putting a space after a full stop, even if it means spilling over into a 2nd SMS and paying double.

I even mailed Google's support team once because one of the pop-up information windows on Gmail had a spelling error which I thought didn't gel with Google's reputation. They corrected it promptly.

And today, someone's messing around with Gmail, because the link to the inbox on the sidebar says "inbox" instead of "Inbox" whereas above and below it are links to Compose Mail, Starred, Chats, Sent Mail, Drafts, All Mail - everything starting with a capital letter except Inbox.

As you can see, I don't have much to do at work!

8 comments:

~nm said...

I had noticed that too today morning an I refuse to be called 'vella' *wink* but after trying to look for the contact us page with no results I just left it..

Suku said...

ooh...i better not send an email to you...it will drive you to lunacy.

from deadlines to no work.....thats good right? enjoy your break.

A Muser said...

Did you email Google about their latest error? We're soul sistahs, Ana, except I am not particular about Matar and Mutter. Neither are English words after all :)

Anonymous said...

Or is it you have too much work? This nitpicking can take up your entire day!

Bong Mom said...

How to decide whether it is Matar or Mutter or Mator ?

The Weekend Blogger said...

I often wonder what I am doing in the world of finance given that I actually "edit" emails and often send (the juniors) corrections in grammar and spelling. I get irritated when I come across wrong grammar in the english dailies..and believe me there are too many of them there.

Unknown said...

What about Motor Poneer - would that make ya happy :p

Sue said...

ROTFL! I feel your pain, you know. I really do.